I am thrilled to share with you that my historical fiction children’s book, The Golden Pathway placed as a Top Ten Finisher in the children’s book category of the Preditors & Editors Readers Poll 2010.
My heartfelt thank you to all who voted, I truly appreciate your ongoing and never ending support in my writing career!
Many of you I know personally and I am humbled to be in such talented company. Congratulations to all!
1. Philip and the Superstition Kid, John Paulits, Gypsy Shadow Publishing
2. If Wishes Were Fishes, N.A. Sharpe, 4RV Publishing
3. A Wish and A Prayer, Beth Bence Reinke, 4RV Publishing LLC
4. The Mishaps of Gum Drop Island, M.M., Self
5. The Weaver, Kai Strand, Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc.
“The Golden Pathway is an excellent book on slavery and the Underground Railroad for young readers. It is an excellent book for parents to read with their children or teachers to read with their students.”
“Donna's book is a must read, every school in America should have a copy of it. We can all learn a lesson about compassion from the main character.”
I am thrilled to announce that I received notification today (October 10, 2008) that my entry entitled, "The Golden Pathway," has placed in the top 100 of the 77th Annual Writer's Digest Writing Competition in the category: Children's/Young Adult Fiction. YIPPEE!!